Nēnē Award Animated Comic Movie Contest
Entries Due January 28
Create a stop motion or animated comic that demonstrates ONE of
the following ideas from the book.
- Smile shows us how to gracefully embrace life's twists and be
more sensitive to others who are doing the same.
- Friendship means supporting each other, not making things
harder, and if your friends can?t do that, then they're not really your
- The importance of feeling comfortable within one's skin and to
embrace one's strengths, weaknesses, and quirks.
Format & Submission Requirements:
- Videos should be no longer than 3 minutes in length.
- Video file format must be .mp4, .wmv, .avi, or .mov.
Videos received in other formats will be disqualified.
- Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Please upload your file to Google Drive, Dropbox, YouTube or Vimeo.
- Ask an adult if you need help and make sure to check the viewing permissions or your entry will not be judged.
- No more than 3 people to a group
- Group members may be in 4th grade, 5th grade, 6th grade, or any combination.
- Limit- ONE entry per child
- All entries become the property of the Hawaii State Nene
Committee for promotion purposes only.
- Certificate and goodie bag from Nēnē Committee
- Entry displayed on Nēnē website.
- If the author comes to the 2017 ceremony, you are invited to have lunch with the author.
Click Here To Submit Your Entry